Solarbotics.net news -- what's changed of
September, 2003 -- Solarbotics.net is now hosted on
- Courtesy of Darcy Dueck, Solarbotics.net is now hosted by a
P3-700 running Linux (should be much more solid than the old
- Solarbotics.net now has a gallery -- if you don't have your
own web site, post your BEAM-related images here!
November, 2002 - March, 2003 -- A winter surge in 'bot
June - October, 2002 -- Lots of site tweaks
- I've cleaned up lots of broken internal links, and a few
broken ones to other sites as well
- A new Starting
Block article has been uploaded
- The site's previous provider of statistics no longer does this
for free. I couldn't find another provider to replace them (most
places either want a fistfull of money, or else a banner ad on
each page in return for statistics), so Solarbotics.net will now
be stat-gathering-bug free. The bad news is that this means
everyone can't see how many folks are looking at what material.
The good news is that this should speed up page loading.
- I've updated some of the BEAM
Reference Library's index graphics, in an attempt to give
the library a more-consistent "look."
March & April, 2002 -- Yet more site updates
February, 2002 -- Miscellaneous site updates
January, 2002 -- More site tweaking to improve the "user
- Links to external sites now open in a new window (rather than
the main frame); the only exceptions to this new policy are the
links to sites hosted on Solarbotics.net (the majority of which
still open in the page's main frame).
of windows opened for "glossary" terms (i.e., how links to entries
in the EncycloBEAMia
October through December, 2001 -- Site tweaking
- Lots of little site updates performed -- fixed some busted
links, added some 'bots to the Bestiary,
September, 2001 -- Massive site rework
- There's now easier navigation between the different parts of
the site. The material here falls pretty neatly into five
categories -- each now has a tab at the top of the page.
- There's lots more material for you to browse through -- in
particular, Solarbotics.net now hosts the BEAM
- Solarbotics.net now hosts two (roughly-) monthly columns
-- one for BEAM beginners, and one written by the esteemed Wilf
Rigter. This part of the site also hosts documents of BEAM
historical interest, a list of BEAM-oriented books, tips for
BEAMers, and links to other reading material elsewhere.
- Two things haven't changed -- Solarbotics.net still plays host
to a number of interesting BEAM robotics sites (see the "Hosted
Sites" tab), as well as a public FTP area.